Prog 270 Resources
There is no text for this course. Instead we will use various online resources.
This is not a programming course, but there are a few subjects you could brush up on that will help you survive the more technical aspects of this course. There is no requirement that you do these things, but if you have some free time before class starts, these are subjects that often give students trouble. If you end up using Codecademy, create an account and remember your user name and password:
- Understand the file system both in a tool like the Windows Explorer and from the command line. From either location can you:
- Create a directory?
- Navigate to a directory
- Copy a file
- Move a file
- Delete a file or directory?
- Can you do these things on Linux? If not try this free on-line course.
- Basic HTML and CSS
- Display text in a heading or paragraph
- Include an image
- Use a cloud service
- Can you create an account on Google Drive and Microsoft One Drive?
- Do you have a system that ensures you can you remember your user name and password for these accounts? If not, consider this free on-line service.
- Can you create or access a Google or Microsoft text document? This is Google Write or Microsoft Word document. Not the Microsoft Word program found in the start menu on many computers, but Word on One Drive.
- Create a spreadsheet on Google Drive or Microsoft One Drive?
- Use Git
Various diagrams to help understand commonly performed tasks.
Create Site Activities
Review the activities involved in creating a web site on Pristine Lubuntu.
Make HTML Workflow
Review of how to run the MakeHtml program.
SSH Key for EC2
The workflow when connecting to EC2 with an SSH key.
Update Site on EC2
Once you have created the site on Pristine Lubuntu, you want to deploy it on EC2. Here is how to proceed.