We will start with review of GitHub. We will and then pick up a view subjects that we have skipped over. We will also briefly discussing some of the new HTML5 elements and review images and how to validate our HTML documents. This will lead us right into the basics of Cascading Style Sheets. This module contains a few pages on the CSS Box Model; using colors with HTML, and formatting text on a page.
- Git and GitHub Review
- HTML Validator
- File naming conventions. All small, no spaces, dashes rather than underscores.
- Proper nesting of tags
- Don't put h1 or ul inside a p tag.
- Lists (ul and ol tags) with list items and subitems.
- Inline vs Block
- Box Model
- id and class
- Anchor Tags
- Images, Image Elements and Copyright.
- Center and CSS
- The address tag.
- No code in the discussion area.
- Create a web page using a basic HTML5 page structure with HTML5 elements
- Learn more about external and internal CSS stylesheets
- Use validation services to check the syntax of HTML pages
- Describe the most common CSS selectors
- Learn about id and class attributes
- Demonstrate using colors for text and background on a web page.
HTML & CSS, Duckett : Chapter 10, 11, &17
Continue watching the Lynda video.
HTML5 Demo Files. Demos demonstrating HTML5 semantic elements, plus workaround version for backward compatibility (I'm looking at you, Internet Explorer 8).
CSS Example Files Set 1 These files contain numerous examples of CSS features.
Practice Image Files. Sample images to use in your documents. They demonstrate various features associated with images: image formats, the HTML5 semantic <figure> element, and CSS properties like vertical-align and float.
HTML Layout Modes. This zip file contains 2 demos, each representing a different way to layout your page.