Welcome to Programming 109 week 2! This week we will focus on:
- The structure of an HTML document
- The most important HTML elements
In addition, we will continue to learn about new HTML 5 elements.
Additional Possible Module Objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of directory and file structure
- Describe the three image formats used on the web
- Describe how to properly display an image, and link with it
- Adopt proper formatting techniques (like indentation and spacing) when coding HTML documents
Required ReadingHTML & CSS, Duckett : Chapter 4,5, & 8
Video Course on Lynda.com
The narrator,James Williamson, is a bit long winded, but he has facts straight in most cases. I recommend watching this.
HTML Essential TrainingComplete the introduction, part 1 & part 2. This course on Lynda.com HTML tutorial Link is free for Bellevue College students.
When you sign in, select "Sign in with my organization portal." Then they want bellevuecollege.edu. They take you to the regular BC sign in portal, and then you are in to Lynda.com.
- HTML Error File
This file contains at least 15 errors and/or improper HTML usages. Can you rise to the challenge and spot them all?
- Linking Exercise
This downloadable PDF file summarizes HTML elements, attributes, and values to reinforce what you will file contains a hierarchy chart for Sipster.com, an online Tea & Coffee business (imaginary, of course), plus a page of fill-in-the-blank questions. This is a short self-paced exercise to see if you have mastered HTML linking.
- HTML and CSS Book This links to files and examples from our html&CSS textbook
- Developing with Web Standards
- Pretty Print (css HTML, etc)