This week we will study
- The structure of a web page
- HTML tags and elements
You will need your book the first week. You should be able to purchase it at the BC Bookstore, an online bookstore, or use Books 24x7.
We will also discuss setting up an individual web hosting account so your assignments and projects can be displayed via the Internet. This should be done by Week 2, since assignments after that are required to be uploaded to the web. Web hosting accounts are usually available for free.
- Learn the difference between tags, attributes and elements
- Create a web page using an editor of your choice. I use WebStorm.
- Demonstrate an understanding of basic text tags such as <P> and <H1>
- Describe the value of semantic mark-up
- HTML & CSS, Duckett : Introduction, Chapter 1 -3. These chapters are all fairly short.
- HTML and CSS Book.. The files and examples from our HTML & CSS textbook